This NBFC has been incorporated in the name and style of ‘Sustainable Agro-commercial Finance Ltd. (SAFL)’.
Sustainable Agro-commercial Finance Ltd. (SAFL) a non-banking finance company (NBFC) has been setup with the objective of serving the small farmer and rural constituencies in India in a comprehensive manner. Better known by its acronym, SAFL (pronounced SAFAL) meaning successful, the Sanskrit word is easily resonated with all geographies across India.
SAFL is promoted by Jain Irrigation Systems Limited (JISL). International Finance Corporation (IFC) Washington is an anchor shareholder. IFC is a member of the World Bank Group. Mandala Capital AG Ltd has also become a shareholder effective 31st March 2015.
SAFL’s activities are focused on Farm and the Farmer. It was incorporated in February 2011 and is based in Mumbai, India. It has obtained approval from RBI in July 2012 to undertake activities of NBFC. SAFL will provide finance for agriculture, farmers and small businesses in rural and semi-urban areas in India. “Har Fasal SAFL, Har Pal SAFL” is the hope of every farmer who will be assisted in converting this hope into a reality by SAFL. The organizations aim is directed at farmer empowerment, increased agricultural production and rural prosperity.
SAFL is the first NBFC in the private sector in India providing agri- loans with a wide and diverse range of financing options for almost every need of agricultural activity.
SAFL is headquartered in Mumbai with 67 offices across Maharashtra, Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh. It plans to have a pan-India presence in next 5 years. The ethos is to make the individual farmer’s life “SAFAL”.
Assist farmer community in a manner that helps them improve productivity in all the activities they are engaged in and improving their standard of living.
Promote sustainable and equitable agriculture and rural prosperity through effective credit support, related services, institution development and other innovative initiatives. HAR FASAL SAFL, HAR PAL SAFL is the hope of every farmer and SAFL helps convert this hope into a reality. The ethos is to make the individual farmer's life "SAFAL'.
Board of Directors
Shri. Ashok Jain
Chairman of Jain Irrigation System’s Limited.
Shri. Anil B. Jain
Managing Director of Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd.
Shri. Ajit B. Jain
Joint Managing Director of Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd.
Dr. Narendra Jadhav
He holds a Doctorate in Economics from Indiana University, USA and is a leading educationist, eminent economist & policy maker as also a former Executive Director of RBI. He is also a well-known social scientist and bestselling author. He has rendered useful contribution as a Member of the Planning Commission ( in the rank and status of Union Minister of State) and was a Member of the National Advisory Council (NAC)
Shri. Shishir Dalal
Chartered Accountant with 25 years of experience in the industry.
Advocate Ashok Gupte
Practising Lawyer with more than 39 years of experience in the field of Labour Laws and Industrial Relations.
Ms. Sita Ramaswami
(Nominee Director of IFC)
20 plus years in successful investing in emerging markets at the World Bank and the International Finance Corporation (IFC).
Ms. Myriam Chang
(Nominee Director of Mandala Capital AG Ltd.)
Ms. Myriam Chang has over 16 years of experience in Emerging Markets debt and investing across sectors, including liquid debt, structured transactions and special situations. She started her career at Credit Suisse (New York and London), followed by roles at Voltaire Capital (London) and VTB Capital (Singapore). Ms. Chang holds a B.S. in Economics from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, with Concentration in Finance.
Shri. Arvind Sonmale
(Managing Director & CEO)
Career Banker with more than 39 years of experience in the Banking & Finance industry.
Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd. (JISL)
is the largest company in Asia in the field of drip irrigation and second largest in the world.JISL has a multi product industrial profile aimed at the farmer community spread largely in the rural and semi-urban areas all over India. The major and substantive portion of the business relates to Micro Irrigation Systems (MIS) and plastic Pipes. Other business include food processing, onion dehydration, tissue culture, solar appliances and a large training centre devoted to farmer training.
Jain Irrigation’s annual turnover as at march 31,2012 stands at $1billion with global presence in 120 countries and 4 continents. The company was named as one of the eight Indian companies expected to emerge as challengers to the World’s leading companies by Standard and Poor.
International Finance Corporation (IFC)
International Finance Corporation (IFC) is an international financial institution which offers investment, advisory, and asset management services to encourage private sector development in developing countries. IFC is a member of the World Bank Group and is headquartered in Washington, D.C., United States. It was established in 1956 as the private sector arm of the World Bank Group to advance economic development by investing in strictly for-profit and commercial projects which reduce poverty and promote development.
Its goals are to increase sustainable agriculture opportunities, improve health and education, increase access to financing for microfinance and business clients, advance infrastructure, help small businesses grow revenues, and invest in climate health.
Mandala Capital Limited
Mandala Capital is a private equity firm focused exclusively on long-term investments in the food industries of the Indian sub-continent. The firm seeks to establish partnerships with visionary promoters and management, and enhance the value of partner companies by providing complete solutions and support through its team of financial and operating professionals. Mandala’s current portfolio includes companies across the spectrum of food-related investing, including seeds, biotechnology, sugar, biochemicals, irrigation, food processing, solar, agri-financing, logistics and cold chain, dairy, beverages, and fresh produce. Founded in 2008, Mandala’s investor base includes some of the world’s leading endowments, pension funds, and private families.
IDBI Trusteeship Services Limited
Asian Building, Ground Floor, 17,
R. Kamani Marg, Ballard Estate,
Mumbai 400 001.
Tel: +91 22 40807000
Fax: +91 22 66311776
All investors queries may be addressed to Ms. Jyoti Kalloli, Company Secretary Telephone : +91 -22- 22101134, Fax : 22105555 Email : email@example.com
- Notice AGM 2017
- Notice AGM 2016 | Notice of candidature of Director
- Notice AGM 2014 | Notice EGM 2015 | Notice-AGM-2015
- SAFL Terms and Conditions Independent Directors
- Policy details pertaning to whistle blower / vigil mechanism
- SAFL CSR Policy
- Fair Practice Code : In English | In Marathi
- BSE Investor Statement - 31/03/2018)
- BSE Intimation Interms of Regulations 13(3)
- BSE Interest Payment Confirmation
- BSE Interest Payment Intimation
- BSE Investor Statement - December 2017
- BSE Investor Statement - March 2017
- BSE - ISIN Details Intimation
- BSE - ISIN Details Intimation March 2018
- BSE record Date Intimation
- BSE Unaudited Financial Result Intimation
- BSE Intimation SEBI Regulation 50
- BSE Letter 20.07.2017 Regulation 13(3)
- BSE Letter 30.06.2017 Interesrt payment
- BSE Letter undertaking
- Letter BSE SAFL Regulation 13-3
- SAFL BSE 19.04.2017
- SAFL RESULTS BSE INTIMATION
- Yearly communication to Exchange/Debenture holders for the year ending March 2016 - 30.09.2016
- Intimation in terms of Regulation 51 of SEBI - 31.12.2016
- Intimation in terms of Regulation 13(3) of SEBI - 20.10.2016
- Intimation in terms of Regulation 50 of SEBI - 5.11.2016
- Intimation in terms of Regulation 13(3) of SEBI - 18.01.2016
- Intimation of Record Date Pursuant to Regulation 60 of SEBI - 7.12.2016
- Lettter from Denbenture Trustee pursuant to Regulation 52(5) of SEBI - 11.11.2016
- Intimation of date of payment of interest on Denbentures pursuant to Regulation 50 of SEBI - 14.12.2016
- Lettter SAFL 30.08.2016
- BSE Intimation 19.06.2016-Q1
- BSE Int Paid Intimation
- BSE Letter RD Intimation 09.06.2016
- BSE Letter Extn AAF
- BSE Letter Investor Reg13(3)-Q2
- Letter Int payt intimation 16.06.2016
- SAFL AGM Venue Route Map
- BSE Half yearly communication
- BSE Intimation Int payt 31.12.2015
- BSE Qtryly Intimation 18.01.2016
- Record date intimation 15.12.2015
- SAFL BSE Intimation statement investor complaints Q4
- SAFL Half yearly Results 30.09.2015